1. Definite about Subject of the santences :
In English grammar, a subject is one of the two main parts of a sentence. (The other main part is the predicate.) The subject is sometimes called the naming part of a sentence or clause. The subject usually appears before the predicate to show (a) what the sentence is about, or (b) who or what performs the action. As show below, the subject is commonly a noun, pronoun, or noun phrase. Types of Subjects
A subject may be one word or several words.
- The subject may be just a single word: a noun or a pronoun. In this first example, the proper noun Felix is the subject of the sentence:
Continue Reading Below
In the next example, the personal pronoun he is the subject:
Ø The subject may be a noun phrase--that is, a word group made up of a head noun and any modifiers , determiners (such as the, a, her ), and/or complements . In this example, the subject is The first person in line :
The first person in line spobject the television reporter.
2. Definite about a verb of the sentences :
A verb is often defined as a word which shows action or state
of being . The verb is the heart of a sentence - every
sentence must have a verb. Recognizing the verb is often
the most important step in understanding the meaning of a
One of the most important things about verbs is their
relationship to time. Verbs tell if something has already
happened, if it will happen later, or if it is happening now.
The dog bit the man, verb : bit
The man is sitting on a chair, verb : sitting
3. definite about object of the sentence :
asthe entity that is acted upon by the subject. There is
thus a primary distinction between subjects and objects
that is understood in terms of the action expressed by the
An object is a noun (or pronoun ) that is governed by a verb
or a preposition . There are 3 kinds of objects: a direct
object , an indirect object , and an object of a preposition .
example a direct object : Please pass the butter.
example indirect object: : Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do ,
and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
ExampLE preposition object : She lives near Brighton.
She lives with him.
4. definite about A complement of the sentences
(notice the spelling of the word) is any word or phrase that completes the sense of a subject , an object , or a verb .
The Complement can often be confused with the Object.
While the Subject and Object of a clause, in the vast
majority of cases, refer to different entities, the Complement
gives more information about either the Subject or the
Object. As with the Subject and Object elements, there is
only one grouping or phrase which is considered to be the
Complement of a clause.
example The Subject Complement : A car hit the lamp post.
example The Object Complement : Everyone thought him an idiot
Ø 5 sentence that determines the subject object verb and complements :
1. The board has made him manager.
2. "Imagination is the one weapon in the war against
reality." - Jules de Gaultier
3. “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to
be. - Abraham Lincoln
4. Geoffrey is afraid of spiders and snakes .
5. Larry is kind to all his employees .
the theory of Subject verb agreement simply means the subject and verb
must agree in number. This means both need to be singular
or both need to be plural.
Thus, if a subject is singular, its verb
must also be singular; if a subject is plural, its verb must
also be plural.
1. My dog always growls at the postal carrier.
2. Basketballs roll across the floor.
3. I don’t understand the assignment.
4. These clothes are too small for me.
5. Peter doesn’t like vegetables.